Why this course
The only state government-approved online course compliant with POSH Act, 2013 – Section 19, Section 24(a) and Rule 13(f):
- • Every employer shall organize awareness programs
- • Mandatory training and sensitization for IC members and employees
- • State government-approved training modules
- • At the end of the course, you will receive a certificate from MSCW
Who should do this course
- This course is ideal for Internal Committee members, heads of organizations, and higher and middle management.
What will you learn
- Through this training, you will understand and learn about:
- Precursors to Sexual Harassment that exist in the ecosystem that surrounds us
- Sexual Harassment at Workplace, and what does and does not constitute ‘sexual harassment’, including the grey areas
- The POSH Law and the guidelines under it
- The Impact and Response – Law and Beyond Law that will help in creating a workplace culture of safety, trust and fairness in the long run
- How to be the Change Agent so that every individual in the organization can play a role in preventing sexual harassment at the workplace
- • Duration: Up to 7 hours
- • Language: English
- • 30 days’ access from when you start the course
- • Animated videos
- • Activities
- • Monologues
- • MCQs
- • Downloadable resources
- • Reference material
- • Easy to administer and monitor for large organizations as well
- Although women today work together with men on all fronts, including politics, business, social and other domains, they suffer discrimination that manifests as sexual harassment in work place. Every individual deserves a workplace that is safe and secure, and is also our Constitutional right. The Government of India has therefore put into effect the “Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition, and Redressal) Act, 2013”, commonly known as the POSH Law that every organization/company is required to comply with.
- Building upon the spirit of the POSH Law that recognises the vulnerability of women in a male-dominated society, the Maharashtra State Commission for Women (MSCW) has undertaken the initiative called ‘PUSH – People United against Sexual Harassment’. It aims at creating workplaces, and in the long run a society, that treats women with dignity and respect. Under this initiative, more than 40,000 employees of Government offices and universities have been trained. In the second phase, school and corporates will also be covered.
- As per the Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplaces (POSH) Act, it is mandatory for every organization to sensitize employees and have Internal Committee which is also trained. However, it is observed that this is not implemented in its true spirit.
- The MSCW is the first Commission in the country to introduce a high quality online training programme. As a strategy to build uniformity and scale, MSCW together with SAF India Academy, Pune, has developed this online certificate course that aims at enhancing capacities of organizations/companies to prevent and respond to workplace sexual harassment. The training envisages creating work environments that instil values of safety, trust and fairness, so that sexual harassment is prevented.
- Through its online training methodology that uses cutting-edge strategies, it endeavours to reach the doorstep of every stakeholder – the employer, the Internal Committee member, and the employee; so as to build the PUSH movement for making workplaces and subsequently the society free of sexual harassment.
For multiple users, view price plan