This course will also be available in Hindi and Marathi shortly.
Learn to identify sexual harassment behaviours in the work environment and ways to report, deal with and prevent it.
- Animated Videos
- Interactive activities
- Downloadable resources
- Reference article links
- 30 days’ access from the commencement of the course
- Web and app access
- Certificate of completion
What you will learn
- You will be able to clearly distinguish between what constitutes and what does not constitute as sexual harassment at the workplace and analyse several ways to prevent such behaviour.
- You will understand the mind-sets that lead to sexual harassment behaviours.
- This course will help you get clarity on the guidelines under “Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition, and Redressal) Act, 2013”, commonly known as the POSH Law.
- You will also explore how to go beyond legal compliances to prevent sexual harassment at the workplace.
About the course
This engaging 8 hours course contains animated videos, monologues, interactive exercises and activities, downloadable reading material, and a list of relevant reference material to ensure every participant understands the course content fully and is able to apply it in their workplace.
Participants will receive a training completion certificate at the end of the course, certified by Maharashtra State Commission for Women and SAF India Academy.
Who can do this course
This course is for all members of an organization's workforce including, Internal Committee appointed under POSH Law, employees, managers, and supervisors.
Description of the course
Although women today work together with men on all fronts, including politics, business, social and other domains, they suffer discrimination that manifests as sexual harassment in work places. Every individual deserves a workplace that is safe and secure, and is also our Constitutional right. The Government of India has therefore put into effect the “Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition, and Redressal) Act, 2013”, commonly known as the POSH Law that every organization/ company is required to comply with.
Building upon the spirit of the POSH Law that recognises the vulnerability of women in a male dominated society, the Maharashtra State Commission for Women has undertaken an initiative called 'PUSH' - People United against Sexual Harassment. It aims at creating workplaces, and in the long run a society, that treats women with dignity and respect. Under this initiative, more than 40000 employees of Government offices and universities have been trained. In the second phase, schools and corporates will also be covered.
As per the Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplaces (POSH) Act, it is mandatory for every organisation to sensitise employees and have an Internal Complaint Committee which is also trained. However, it is observed that this is not implemented in its true spirit.
The MSCW is the first commission in the country to introduce a high quality online training programme. As a strategy to build uniformity and scale, the Maharashtra State Women’s Commission together with SAF India Academy, Pune, has developed this online Certificate Course that aims at enhancing capacities of Organizations/ Companies to prevent and respond to workplace sexual harassment. The training envisages creating work environments that instil values of safety, trust and fairness, so that sexual harassment is prevented.
Through its online training methodology that uses cutting-edge strategies, it endeavours to reach the doorstep of every stakeholder - the employer, the internal committee member, and the employee; so as to build the PUSH movement for making workplaces and subsequently the society free from sexual harassment.
Through this training, you will understand and learn about:
- PRECURSORS TO SEXUAL HARASSMENT that exist in the ecosystem that surrounds us
- SEXUAL HARASSMENT AT WORKPLACE and what constitutes and does not constitute ‘sexual harassment’, including the grey areas
- THE POSH LAW and the guidelines under it
- THE IMPACT AND RESPONSE – LAW AND BEYOND LAW that will help in creating a workplace culture of safety, trust and fairness in the long run
- HOW TO BE THE CHANGE AGENT so that every individual in the organization can play a role in preventing sexual harassment at the workplace·
A device with active internet